As a Mechanical Engineer you’re responsible for applying mechanical knowledge into process design packages and other related services, design of High Pressure equipment, setting up piping MTO’s and delivering support in design and construction phase of new to build urea plants. Sales support and support in optimizing and improving existing urea plants is the area of expertise as well.
You have a strong focus on service, able to work with deadlines with strong focus on results and team spirit.
What a Mechanical Engineer does:
- Responsible for all mechanical engineering deliverables with respect to Process Design Packages (PDP) of licensed urea plants.
- Support and challenge contractors and suppliers in applying knowledge of design codes and requirements ensuring they deliver in accordance with the defined quality level.
- Create solutions in mechanical- and equipment design whilst also updating relevant manuals, specifications and datasheets.
- Execute feasibility studies for new concepts.
- Support and advise on negotiations during an acquisition phase.
- Propose improvement on existing practices, processes and procedures.
- Work in multi disciplinary teams and projects.
What we look for in a Mechanical Engineer:
You combine at least a Bachelor/Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering with relevant years of experience working as the mechanical project engineer within the (petro)-chemical industry or engineering contractor. Experience with basic and/or detailed engineering is a plus. Affinity to technology is an added value in this position.
As potential new colleague you have to have in-depth knowledge of mechanical engineering working in project based teams daring to challenge external third parties in their expertise. You recognize yourself in the characteristics: accurate, flexible with strong focus on service, able to work with deadlines with strong focus on results and team spirit. You are fluent in English both spoken and written and enjoy frequently travelling abroad.